We are searching for a BI Data Engineer interested in technology and changing the team’s work from ideation to production. You will support us to transit our business into a fully digitized and data-driven business model. You will be part of the team that operates leading BI applications (Qlik Sense, Power BI) and that creates the conditions for improved decisions and processes with their analyses and reports. You will improve data availability in our company by integrating our BI tools with transactional source systems.
Our BI team is a global team working from Hong Kong, Dhaka, Istanbul and Hamburg.
How will you make a difference?
- Contribute to the implementation of a modern integrative data architecture including a data lake /data warehouse solution
- Merge data from multiple source systems and reconcile needs of different teams
- Develop a data staging layer to achieve a consistent data quality over all consuming BI systems
- Translate business processes into data structure and reporting requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders (management, internal teams and customers) to understand their requirements
- Support Business Analysts to develop complex reports, analysis and dashboards
- Design and build complex data models in Qlik Sense and Power BI. Implement complex BI reports based on these data models.
- Develop and implement test concepts to ensure implementation quality
- Analyse and correct errors
- Define and implement concept for user access rights
- Keep abreast of BI trends and developments
Who are we looking for?
- Higher Diploma/ Degree holder in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in Data Integration and similar position
- Strong knowledge of QLIK Sense and nPrinting or Power BI
- Additional experience with any of QLIK Cloud SaaS, QLIK Compose, QLIK Replicate, AWS S3, AWS Redshift and/or other BI and Data Lake applications would be a plus
- Self-directed, organised, results-oriented, strong passion for driving creativity and backing changes
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full health insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?