Otto International is seeking out an experienced Circular Knit Senior Merchandiser to join our Dhaka office. The individual will be co-ordinate the sourcing activity between customer and supplier and to monitor the order follow up, in order to achieve the corporate targets of On-time Delivery Performance, On-time sampling, Claim ratio, Lead-times and Turnover.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities in product development, costing, and mass production follow up
- Research & analyze product trends by keeping up-to-date with the latest offerings from the market and coordinating with vendors to increase customer satisfaction and sales opportunities
- Source and select the suitable suppliers from the existing supplier list and from the market
- Using knowledge of pricing, production time & action calendar, as well as technical knowledge, to handle and troubleshoot production problems with vendors and present alternatives/solutions to customer
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirement in order to reach corporate KPI target
- Actively visit suppliers and factories on a regular basis (weekly/monthly)
- Perform every step of order and sample follow up by communicating with buyers and suppliers independently
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 8– 10 years’ experience in merchandising
- Graduated with a degree in a relevant field (i.e. Textile & Clothing) or diploma holder or above in Merchandising
- Proficient in MS Office 365 and Teams applications
- Good background knowledge of Materials Sourcing & Development, Garment Construction and Sample Development
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Team player and sales focused
- Strong negotiation skills and able to work under pressure
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Festival bonus, performance bonus, flexible working hours