In Otto International, it starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking out a seasoned Head of Policies and Sustainability.
In this exciting position, you will be responsible for leading a team of sustainability experts in areas of policies, sustainable materials and products, environmentally friendly production, and vendor frame development.
How will you make a difference?
- Drive the OI sustainability vision and mission.
- Enable and empower the business to take a proactive approach to sustainable products and environmental production, setting KPIs in areas such as sustainable material usage and HIGG FEM implementation, monitor achievements and improvements.
- Represent the sustainability team in OI and external workgroups and drive change towards fulfilment of our sustainability ambitions.
- Support our customers in their own sustainability goals including ESG and Climate (OG to be climate neutral in 2030).
- Work collaboratively with other functions, e.g., IT and business units, to achieve that our goals in sustainability are implemented and an integrated part of their work as well.
- Oversee the supply chain, including implementation of Higg, development and implementation of carbon and impact reduction programmes across supply base.
- Lead and oversee integration of sustainability into business practices, including engaging senior leadership and stakeholders across business teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop, define and support delivery of sustainability KPIs.
- Set the strategic direction of product and production sustainability targets; using data to develop short, medium and long-term targets.
- Oversee development and delivery of internal training programmes, tools, guides and communications to help upskill commercial teams.
- Create and implement a meaningful communication of sustainability topics, status and achievements, internally and externally.
- Monitor policy developments in EU, UK – with a focus on legal developments in Germany to enable oi to evaluate risk and impact.
- Oversee development of sustainability polices and implementation to reduce risk including proactively engage vendor frame.
- Collaborating with the Corporate CR team of Otto Group on reporting, for example, ESG corporate reporting, SBTi reporting.
- Engage with organisations active in the area of responsibility, e.g., SAC and AbT, to foster exchange and effective collaboration.
- Manage a team of technical and subject matter experts who collaborate across functions to progress sustainability initiatives.
- Manage departmental costs and EBIT planned.
- Develop team overall and individual members, with focus on performance, motivation and company values.
Who we are looking for?
- University degree or equivalent in Environmental or Sustainability management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of working in a similar role across multiple sustainability topic areas.
- Experience in leading and managing a team.
- Profound and updated knowledge of environmental processes and sustainability.
- Ability to define, communicate and set a direction for the department strategy and motivate the team.
- Possesses an agile and dynamic working style, trading risks and opportunities.
- Proactive personality with the ability to work independently within a framework.
- Appreciates cultural sensitivities across multiple supplier and stakeholder groups and engaging people’s hearts and minds.
- Being able to make a clear business case for new initiatives.
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun, and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent, and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Remote working, flexible working hours, performance bonus
- Full healthcare insurance