In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking out an experienced Key Account Manager to join our Istanbul/Izmir office. In this exciting position, you will be responsible for managing and leading different teams with different functions, including merchandising, QA, merchandise controlling and product development, in accordance with directions and visions from the company.
How will you make a difference?
- Establish sourcing strategy relating to fabric and product development, for placement and procurement of product
- Proactively lead and manage the business to achieve company objectives
- Main contact point for customers procurement
- Responsible for upfront production planning at strategic vendors
- Responsible for in-season steering of production process; allocate and prioritise bundles
- Monitor production process and perform trouble shooting (if required)
- Develop vendor capabilities and participate in vendor performance assessment/KPI review and derivation of measures for improvement
- Responsible for value engineering of products and improvement of costing approach
- Develop a strong vendor base consisting of high performing fabric and garment suppliers, who can offer sufficient capacity, competitive prices, quality and timely deliveries
- Visit factories when necessary
- Lead and manage the merchandising departments in their daily activities and projects, in compliance with company policy
- Accountable for the cost control of related merchandising departments with the approved budget and contribute effectively to the company profitability
- Monitor the merchandising team structure and staff development through effective management to maximise the achievements
- Collect updated market information and constantly update customers with market trends and information
- Ensure effective communication internally, with various departments
- Constantly look at ways to improve efficiency in all aspect of the business
Who are we looking for?
- At least 10 years’ sourcing experience or in buying departments
- Textile market knowledge is must
- Strong merchandising/sourcing and product development experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management level position
- Strong communication skills and analytical aptitude
- Entrepreneurial attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership in a diverse cultural environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Remote working, flexible working hours, performance bonus
- Full healthcare insurance