In OI Scan Thor, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
OI Scan Thor is seeking out an experienced, passionate, and diligent Merchandiser to join our Addis Ababa, Ethiopia team
In this exciting position, you will drive our standard for excellence in product development stage and be a force for change in our collaborative and engaging work environment.
You will play a key role in supporting the team to maximize commercial opportunities. By managing a diverse range of contacts, you will be an autonomous communication bridge between customers and vendors, and ensure they are well looked after during the process.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities in product development, costing, and mass production follow up
- Grow customer satisfaction and sales opportunities according to customer demands abreast of the latest offerings from the market and coordinating with vendors
- Research for accessories, new print techniques, fabrics etc. in the market
- Prepare and presents collections and constantly seek for new products to develop.
- Handle and troubleshoot production issues with vendors by presenting alternatives and solutions to customers with good sense of pricing, production time & action calendar, and technical knowledge
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends related to fabrics, colors and shapes
- Work in collaboration with customers merchandisers and vendors to create new designs, design modification and design prototypes
- Build and maintain a consultative relationship with stakeholders e.g. customers, merchandising team, factories and QA
- Create spec, artworks & styling and work with customers on development stage
- Create a trend board seasonally, as per each customer’s choice
- Prepare product presentations sent to clients to showcase the market’s abilities
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree holder preferably in Textile Engineering, Textile Design or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of Product development and garment merchandising experience.
- Familiar with MS Office applications – Office 365, SharePoint
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Sales focused, solutions-oriented, and a good understanding of textile quality
- Strong product knowledge and skilled with garment technology
- Strong negotiation skills and has a proactive mind-set
- Able to spot trends and have a keen eye for aesthetics and details
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun, and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent, and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Remote working, flexible working hours
- Full health insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?
Follow us on LinkedIn and find more opportunities here!