In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking for an experienced and independent Merchandiser to join our Shanghai team. In this exciting role, you will play a key role in supporting the team to maximize commercial opportunities. By managing a diverse range of contacts, you will be an autonomous communication bridge between customers and vendors, and ensure they are well looked-after from product development to final production.
How will you make a difference?
- Main driver in product development and quotation process so as to generate turnover
- Be a link between customers & suppliers regarding new product development, shipment of samples and orders
- Order Processing: samples arrangement, purchase order processing, manage quality fulfilment and inspection process until final shipment
- Work closely with QA/QC team on quality-related tasks
- Arrange and participate in buying trips
- Resolve claims and disputes between customer and suppliers
- Ensure the implementation of company policy / regulation
- Develop strong communication with customer and suppliers
- Support for ad hoc basis
Who are we looking for?
- 1-3 years’ experience in Hardlines/Electric merchandising role.
- Graduated with a degree in a relevant field or diploma holder or above in Merchandising
- Familiar with European trends for hard goods and especially German market experience would be advantageous
- Good analytical, Proficient with MS Office applications and creative problem-solving skills
- Team player and sales focused
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Able to work under pressure
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.