We are looking for an experienced Production Merchandiser to join our Shanghai team. You will ensure the co-ordination of the production process of footwear products from designated factories to customers to ensure that orders are completed on time and within budget. Most of the time you will be located on-site at factories to monitor the production schedule and processes as well as deal with any production issues. To strive for Operational Excellence in performing role responsibilities
How will you make a difference?
- Visit production factories on a daily basis and closely monitor factories’ production schedules, materials’ availability status and inspection arrangements by QCs in order to ensure a timely and smooth delivery of quality footwear
- Monitor factories’ capacity for placed orders and as per forecast received from merchandising team. Provide timely and regular updates to the merchandising team on vendor monthly capacity to avoid overbooking or to adjust overbooking in the production plan.
- Update the reports, by informing the Manager in a timely fashion to take corrective actions.
- Collaborate with merchandising and QA teams to drive confirmation sample submissions and fitting samples approval to avoid any potential delays in production.
- Participate in claims justification process to avoid repetition of similar faults and recommend advanced safeguards in the production process.
- Monitor and ensure that physical test and chemical test results are successfully meet, completed and ready before final inspection / shipment.
- Understand customers’ KPI targets and educate/guide vendors/factories to meet said targets.
- Promptly informing Management of any changes/delays/issues to current agreed production schedules.
- Compiling and updating monthly capacity and performance reports for each approved supplier/factory and submitting them to Management in a timely and regular manner.
- Highlight potential risks or delays in advance to minimize delays in production, improve the overall product quality and ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Promptly addressing and identifying any production issues and recommend corrective actions by discussing with Management
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma in supply chain management, business management, or related field is preferred. Minimum 5 years’ shoe factory production experience or similar production planning role
- Demonstrated working experience of excellent time management, organisational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- Working knowledge in factory/raw materials footwear production process
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel frequently to factories and suppliers as required
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?