In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking for a Quality Assurance Technician-Home & Living to join our Shanghai team. In this exciting role, you will ensure that the quality of Home & Living product meet the requirements of customer and ensure inspector has sufficient information to conduct inspection; you will monitor vendor / manufacturer’s quality performance and give them advice and instructions, when necessary, on how to improve and maintain quality level; you will provide technical support to merchandiser in order to increase potential business as well as to balance delivery risks.
How will you make a difference?
- Guided by team leader, be constantly involved in product development and supplier sourcing for customers, to maintain competitiveness and enhance business
- Determine product specifications like testing/certificate program, quality & workmanship requirements
- Work with and explain to all suppliers our product specifications
- Provide support to the QC team for efficient inspection service
- Pre-production control by: 1. conducting sample pre-check, dispatch and issue reports accordingly, 2. Conducting pre-production meeting and pre-inline in the factory, when necessary
- Serve as a consultant on technical issues
- Monitor and manage vendor’s for continuous quality KPI improvement (rejection ratio & claim ratio); Regularly visit suppliers and factories, when necessary
- Assist customer for continuous quality improvement, like return rate
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Align QA process with global Home & Living QA team
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years’ quality engineering experience for home & living product
- Preferably from buying office/trading; factory experience is a plus
- Diploma or above graduate on Engineering or related subjects
- Has good experience of product development
- Good technical knowledge on home & living product and a good understanding of manufacturing process
- Solid knowledge on the International Safety Standard (EN, IEC), and solid experience in quality assurance and quality control
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Exchange, Word and Excel
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?