We are looking for an experienced R&D Manager, Footwear to join our Dongguan team. In this exciting role, you will keep grasp of the latest trend of footwear design and taking a proactive approach in sharing business partners for R&D possibilities, including new material, new construction, new products, any innovation or sustainable materials or process. You will lead an effective team to provide technical advice and support to customers, local merchandising team and suppliers.
How will you make a difference?
- Develop, motivate & challenge all team members to perform at their full potential; provide direct & timely feedback (formally & informally) support and coaching
- Delegate and organise departmental workload according to project assignments
- Co-ordinate the interaction between the quality department and other departments / functions
- Assist product development teams with building virtual samples for designers and factories
- Build technically accurate virtual samples using 3D footwear design software
- Create photo-realistic virtual samples using rendering software
- Coordinate with development teams for requests
- Communicate with designers to make corrections to virtual samples
- Communicate with factories for any necessary clarification
- Serve as a consultant on technical issues
- Develop innovative ideas and lead innovation projects
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess the near- and mid-term needs
- Work collaboratively with partners to align and offer technical solutions
- Identify innovative technologies from inside & outside of the company that could benefit the company & stakeholders
- Conduct a technical and business feasibility study via benchmarking
- Communicate with customers & stakeholders to validate the concept
- Initiate and manage the R&D project for future products/solutions
- Guide internal and external partners to bring projects to a success
Who are we looking for?
- 10+ years’ experience in footwear including at least 5 years in R&D or Product Development field and minimum 3 years in managerial / supervisory role
- Have solid foundation of art, proficiency in related design and drawing software, like ICad3D+, photoshop, Rhino
- Strong sense of innovation, unique vision, keen grasp of popular trends
- Diploma or above graduate in Engineering or related subjects
- Good technical & shoe making knowledge and a good understanding of the manufacturing process
- Solid knowledge on the International Safety Standard (EN, IEC), and solid experience in quality assurance and control
- Good command of written & spoken English
- Good computer skills in terms of MS Exchange, Words and Excel
- Demonstrated R&D project management skills
- Proven abstraction skills with an open minded and thinking “outside the box” approach
- Demonstrated capability to create innovative technical solutions
- Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to rapidly and reliably achieve goals
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and can work under pressure
- Strong analytical focus to deliver objective driven analysis and results
- Self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Possesses customer-oriented mentality and a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work comfortably in a team setting
- Able to motivate and positively influence team members
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?