Otto International is seeking out an experienced Senior Fabric Technician to join our Dhaka office. The individual will be responsible to provide assistance by maintaining the quality aspects of fabrics/materials, to ensure that the quality standards of the customers are met, and our corporate targets are achieved and to strive for operational excellence in performing role responsibilities.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible to approve Commodity Description chart (CD Chart) or related issue
- Responsible to conduct/assist fabric team members in preparing and follow up of color, physical/chemical test results,
- Closely collaborate with the fabric team members and support in all other clerical duties.
- Responsible to all kinds of fabric (Circular knit, Flat knit, Woven, Denim & Home Textile) related activities- approval, sourcing, testing, setting fabric quality & testing SOP according to customer manual
- Make proper technical judgment in fabric development stage to foresee risk in mass production and arrange risk analysis meeting with suppliers
- Work with Suppliers, Merchandisers and Fabric team, to solve fabric quality issues and provide technical comments or opinion for resolution by conducting In-house testing to ensure fabric quality
- Take an active role in developing training material and lead said trainings
- Visit suppliers(Fabric mill/Knitting/Dyeing/Printing/Washing/Garments) to discuss quality topics
- Support Corporate Responsibility & Environmental projects in regard to material and testing (e.g. HIGG FEM, BHive, Sustainable Textile etc) as per direct report instructions and support Supporting team and Dept. manager for any special quality project.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in technical /fabric quality aspects and Reach regulations & textile testing laboratory
- Diploma and/or Training qualification obtained in Textile Technology or related disciplines
- Good knowledge of fabric processing, which includes spinning, weaving/knitting, dyeing, printing, finishing, washing & testing is must
- Prior experience in factory and textile testing lab both
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and computer skills in MS Office applications
- Able to work independently
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Festival bonus, performance bonus, flexible working hours
Want to know more?