Otto International is seeking out an experienced, passionate and diligent Merchandiser for Bangladesh Office. In this exciting position, you will drive our standard for excellence in merchandising and be a force for change in our collaborative and engaging work environment.
You will play a key role in supporting the team to maximize commercial opportunities. By managing a diverse range of contacts and co-ordinate the sourcing activity between customer and supplier and to monitor the order follow up, in order to achieve the corporate targets of On-time Delivery Performance, On-time sampling, Claim ratio, Lead-times and Turnover
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities in product development, costing, and mass production follow up
- Research & analyse product trends by keeping up-to-date with the latest offerings from the market and coordinating with vendors to increase customer satisfaction and sales opportunities
- Using knowledge of pricing, production time & action calendar, as well as technical knowledge, to handle and troubleshoot production problems with vendors and present alternatives/solutions to customer
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirement in order to reach corporate KPI target
- Perform every step of order and sample follow up by communicating with buyers and suppliers independently
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree holder preferably in Merchandising, Textile, Clothing or related disciplines
- Must be Woven background and has denim and nondenim wash experience.
- Experience in Textile Buying, Vendor management and production follow-up.
- Familiar with MS Office programs – Office 365, SharePoint
- Sales focused, solutions-oriented, and a good understanding of buying business.
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent, and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Remote working, flexible working hours.
- Healthcare insurance
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.