In Otto International, it starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking out an experienced Fabric Technician to join our Istanbul office. In this exciting position, you will be responsible to support by maintaining the quality aspects of fabrics/materials, to ensure that the quality standards of the customers are met, and our corporate targets are achieved and to strive for operational excellence in performing role responsibilities.
How will you make a difference?
- Maintain the Oi Testing system and ensure the physical & chemical testing process runs smoothly, accept physical test results according to commercial decisions made,
- Conduct in-house testing to ensure fabric quality,
- Supporting fabric & finish process-based suppliers and purchasing team in product risk assessment meetings,
- Managing the approval process for key fabrics qualities,
- Determining care labels for the product,
- Support Corporate Responsibility & Environmental projects regarding material and testing (e.g., HIGG FEM, BHive) as per direct report instructions,
- Closely collaborate with the fabric team members and support in all other clerical/admin duties,
- Visit suppliers and laboratories to discuss quality topics, when necessary,
- Achieve test performance KPI targets as per goals set.
Who are we looking for?
- At least 3 years’ experience in Fabric,
- Diploma and/or training qualification obtained in Textile Technology or related disciplines,
- Know-how about test methods,
- Knowledge of fabric processing, which includes spinning, weaving/knitting, dyeing, printing, finishing, washing & testing is preferred,
- Knowledge of woven, knit, denim etc.,
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel,
- Good communication & interpersonal skills entrepreneurial attitude and strong collaboration skills,
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Workplace: Yesilkoy, Istanbul
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun, and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent, and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Remote working, flexible working hours, performance bonus
- Full healthcare insurance
Want to know more?