In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking for an experienced Merchandiser for Hardlines to join our team. In this role, you will co-ordinate the sourcing activity between customer and supplier and to monitor the order follow up, in order to achieve the corporate targets of on-time delivery performance, on-time sampling, claim ratio, lead-times and turnover.
How will you make a difference?
- Coordinate the sourcing process and engage in product development activities. Review and arrange samples, process orders in the system, and negotiate with suppliers to ensure quality fulfillment.
- Conduct market research to stay updated on industry trends, competitors, and customer preferences.
- Regularly visit factories to assess production capabilities, quality control, and build strong supplier relationships. Arrange and participate in buying trips to identify new product opportunities.
- Independently resolve claims and disputes between customers and suppliers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the implementation of company policies and regulations related to merchandising activities.
- Provide support on ad hoc basis as required.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years of merchandising experience in hardgoods, especially furniture. Familiarity with the German market is a plus.
- Tertiary level education, preferably with a University Degree or above, in a related discipline.
- Good command of spoken and written English. Proficiency in MS Office applications and Office 365.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and a team player with a sales-driven mindset. Good analytical skills to assess market trends and supplier capabilities.
- Ability to travel as required for factory visits, buying trips, and other business needs
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.