In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking for an experienced Merchandiser for Home Textile & Hard-goods to join our Bangladesh team. In this role, you will co-ordinate the sourcing activity between customer and supplier and to monitor the order follow up, in order to achieve the corporate targets of on-time delivery performance, on-time sampling, claim ratio, lead-times and turnover.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities in product development, costing, and mass production follow up
- Research & analyse product trends by keeping up to date with the latest offerings from the market and coordinating with vendors to increase customer satisfaction and sales opportunities.
- Source and select the suitable suppliers from the existing supplier list and from the market.
- Using knowledge of pricing, production time & action calendar, as well as technical knowledge, to handle and troubleshoot production problems with vendors and present alternatives/solutions to customer.
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirement to reach corporate KPI target.
- Actively visit suppliers and factories on a regular basis (weekly/monthly)
- Perform every step of order and sample follow up by communicating with buyers and suppliers independently.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in merchandising for home textile (Beading/ Towel) and related areas.
- Knowledge on natural materials and ceramic, metal, product would be an advantage.
- Graduated with a degree in a relevant field (i.e. Textile & Clothing) or diploma holder or above in Merchandising
- Proficient in MS Office 365 and Teams applications
- Good background knowledge of Materials Sourcing & Development, Garment Construction and Sample Development
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Team player and sales focused
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work under pressure
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?